Winch style Cordon Bleu with Gruyère AOP
Attention changement nombre de personnes
800 gboneless pork rack
200 gthin sliced smoked country ham
320 gsliced or grated Gruyère AOP
300 gPanko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
4 tbspDijon mustard
- +olive oil
- +salt and pepper
- Slice and butterfly the pork rack into 4 large cutlets.
- Protecting the cutlets with a plastic film, pound and flatten them with a mallet or with the bottom of a heavy pot.
- Brush each with a tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Insert the thin slices of smoked country ham.
- Add the slices of Gruyère AOP, or follow the chef’s tip and use grated Gruyère AOP, (easier to shape).
- Fold the cutlet around the stuffing and flatten with your hand to close it firmly.
- Season one side only with salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 bowls, one with the beaten eggs and the other with the Panko.
- Dip the cordon bleu into the beaten eggs, drain any excess and then coat with the Panko breadcrumbs. Press with the palm of your hand to help the breadcrumbs stick well.
- Preheat a frying pan with olive oil and one tablespoon of Swiss butter.
- Brown both sides of the cordon bleus on high heat. Then lower the heat, cover and cook for an additional 7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.