Le Gruyère AOP summer cake pops
Cakes Pop with Le Gruyère AOP are a delicious, innovative and trendy treats that are sure to surprise and delight your guests at your summer events. Prepared using Le Gruyère AOP, these little delicacies add a touch of sophistication and gourmandise to your receptions.
Attention changement nombre de personnes
Mise en place
50 gLe Gruyère – aged minimum 11 months
50 gthin sliced smoked country ham
1 dlfull-fat milk
1 pinchof salt
1 pinchof pepper
1 pinchfreshly grated nutmeg
150 mlfrying oil
15 mlof black balsamic vinegar
Mise en place
- Grate the cheese and set aside.
- Thinly slice the ham and set aside.
- Blend the dry bread into coarse homemade breadcrumbs
- Make a roux: melt the butter in a pan, mix in the flour and leave to cook for one minute.
- Add most of the milk and bring the mixture to the boil for one minute.
- Take the pan off the heat.
- Add the nutmeg, grated cheese, ham, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into some silicone moulds. If you do not have silicone moulds, use anything that can go in the freezer. Don’t forget to add a small wooden spoon to each pop.
- Put the filled moulds in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- In a bowl, prepare a mixture of whole milk and beaten egg, then set aside.
- Take the pops out of the freezer, remove them from the mould and make another batch until you have as many as you need. If necessary, remove the last batch of pops from the mould.
- Dip the pops in the egg and milk mixture and coat them in breadcrumbs. Put them in the freezer for a further 2 hours or cook straight away.
- Heat the cooking oil to 180°C, then submerge the pops in the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Remove the pops from the oil.
- Serve the pops with a fresh green salad and a splash of balsamic vinegar.