Le Gruyère AOP pancakes
The iconic pancake recipe teams up with Le Gruyère AOP to create the perfect balance of sweet and savoury. A super-simple, extra-delicious recipe for incredibly fluffy, melt-in-the-mouth pancakes.
Attention changement nombre de personnes
11 gof baking powder
1 pinchof salt
30 gbutter, melted
200 gGruyère AOP grated
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, then create a well in the centre.
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Add the milk, then the melted butter to the egg. Beat vigorously so the warm butter does not cook the egg.
- Pour half of this mixture into the mixing bowl containing the flour. Gently stir the mixture using a large spoon until the flour is wet. Add the remaining wet ingredients and mix again until all the flour is mixed in. Add Le Gruyère AOP. Be careful not to overmix it! The mixture should be lumpy. Leave the batter to rest for 15 minutes.
- Set a frying pan over a medium/low heat and add oil. When hot, pour a small ladleful of batter into the pan. Cook the mixture until bubbles start to form on the surface (between 1 and 2 minutes). Flip the pancake and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until both sides are no longer wet.
- Serve the pancakes hot, with maple syrup drizzled on top.