Gruyère AOP Mousseline Omelette
Attention changement nombre de personnes
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Add the lemon juice to the egg yolks, season with a pinch of salt and a generous grind of pepper and then beat the mixture together until frothy. Add the grated Gruyère AOP and gently mix to combine.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the beaten egg whites to the egg yolk-Gruyère AOP mixture.
- Carefully combine the two with the help of a silicone spatula, tipping the bowl on its side and folding them together.
- Pour this mixture onto the remaining egg whites and fold together until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place a large baking hoop into an ungreased non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, or use several smaller hoops for individual portions.
- Once the frying pan is nice and hot, pour in the egg mixture and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Then place the frying pan in the oven to finish cooking for a further 10 minutes, checking that it’s fully cooked after this time and if necessary, leaving it a few minutes more.
- Remove the baking hoop by sliding a knife between the omelette and the hoop.