Morel and Gruyère AOP Malakoffs
Attention changement nombre de personnes
20 gdried morel mushrooms
- +Parsley, chopped
120 gwhite flour
2 tspbicarbonate of soda
140 gfull-fat milk
1 clove of garlic
0.6 dldry white wine
500 gGruyère AOP
10 slicessandwich bread
- +salt and pepper
- Soak the morel mushrooms in warm water or milk for at least 1 hour.
- Chop the mushrooms and shallot.
- Fry the mushrooms in butter with the shallot and a little of the fresh parsley. Deglaze the pan with a splash of kirsch and then put the mixture to one side to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and then add the flour, bicarbonate, milk, white wine, kirsch, garlic and morels.
- Season with salt, pepper and grated nutmeg and mix well.
- Grate the Gruyère AOP and add this to the mixture. Let the batter rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Cut 5 cm diameter circles out of the sandwich loaf slices with a cookie cutter.
- Switch on the deep fat fryer and heat the oil to 180°C.
- Using a large spoon or an ice-cream scoop, make the Malakoffs (in the shape of a dome) from the mixture on top of the bread.
- Place the Malakoffs HEAD FIRST in the oil.
- The Malakoffs should float on the surface, head down, for approximately 3 minutes before they need turning to cook for a further 45 seconds the other way up. Watch their colour - once they are nicely golden brown remove them from the oil using a skimmer before draining on absorbent paper before serving.