Hedgehog Bread with Herb Butter & Gruyère AOP
Attention changement nombre de personnes
1 loaf of bread
60 gbutter, melted
350 gGruyère AOP, cut into thick slices
- +salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix the chopped herbs with the melted butter.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the bread into 1.25" (3cm) wide slices. Be careful not to cut all the way down to the base.
- Now slice the bread again in the opposite direction, again avoiding cutting all the way through the loaf.
- Using a pastry brush, generously slather the inside of the bread with the herb butter before inserting the cheese slices into the slits.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
- If the bread browns too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil.
- Serve immediately while hot.